The majority of CSPE members are residents of the State of California.  However, some members need information on how to become licensed in California (via comity).  Others are already licensed in California, but wish to obtain licensure in another state (by comity).   Please consult the following valuable resources for help.

Licensure Comity- California
Comity licensure in California is handled by the California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (BPE&LS), a section of the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
According to BPE&LS, a person who is a Professional, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineer in another state of the United States can USUALLY obtain licensure in California (by comity) without retaking the regular written examination if in compliance with ALL of the BPE&LS requirements.  
For more information on obtaining comity licensure in California, please consult:

Licensure Comity- States Other Than California
CSPE works with its members to help them obtain licensure via comity in states other than California.  The most complete and accurate source of information in regards to obtaining comity licensure in a state other than California can be found by consulting the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) website, specifically the following sections:


Professional Development Resources
PPI Logo