Why should you join CSPE and more than 60,000 of your colleagues as a member of NSPE?
- CSPE and NSPE open doors to valuable personal and professional contacts
- CSPE and NSPE offer opportunities for your continuing education and career development
- CSPE and NSPE work to enhance your profession's public image
- CSPE and NSPE give you free career-advancing information
- CSPE and NSPE offer members an exclusive personal benefits program
What you get for your dues dollars
Your membership includes all four communities of service: local, state, national, and cyberspace.
Membership in the California Society of Professional Engineers and the National Society of Professional Engineers provides numerous benefits, including the following sampling of professional and personal opportunities that accompany membership. For more information, click here.
- Licensing - CSPE and NSPE promote licensing of engineers and work hard to enforce state licensing laws. Our members advocate strong registration laws and promote registration to non-licensed engineers. You will have access to a variety of resources for engineers preparing for licensure examinations and those seeking to practice in various jurisdictions. We believe that protecting public health, safety and welfare is a primary concern for professional engineers.
- Information - CSPE's email newsletter, CSPE Online keeps you up-to-date on local and state issues, opportunities and news from the engineering community. Your NSPE monthly publication, Engineering Times, keeps you informed on professional issues. NSPE also distributes the US Engineering Press Review weekly via email to help members keep up with news published in a wide variety of national periodicals. In addition, both CSPE and NSPE websites provide valuable information on professional engineering and career issues -- news on the profession, continuing education career tips, job information, products and services offers and links to other websites.
- Networking - In today's competitive environment, getting ahead often means knowing people with similar interests. Membership in CSPE and NSPE gives you the opportunity to make valuable personal and professional contacts while meeting engineers from all disciplines and management levels. Associating with other professional engineers can strengthen your career.
- Continuing Education - Both CSPE and NSPE provide regular professional development opportunities through programs on leadership skills, project management, marketing, professional liability, contract documents, new technology, ethics and many other topics to keep your skills current and help you satisfy the new licensing requirements for demonstrating continuing professional competency.
- Ethics - NSPE developed and adheres to a strong Engineer's Code of Ethics. We established the standards of professionalism that will set you apart from the crowd.
- Leadership Development - Both CSPE and NSPE provide numerous volunteer leadership positions that enable members to develop career enhancing leadership skills while working on service projects and other activities in a career safe environment.
- Lobbying - When you join CSPE and NSPE, you join your fellow professional engineers in supporting advocacy efforts in California and Washington DC. CSPE and NSPE are on the firing line of your profession and we protect your professional status through vigilant monitoring of government by staff and volunteers. Our members work with our lobbyists to resolve major concerns, present the professional engineer's point of view to legislators and their staff and initiate sound legislation. We monitor and influence legislation and government action, provide testimony and guidance and facilitate constructive government action at all three levels--local, state and federal. We make you voice heard!
- Professional Image - Programs like MATHCOUNTS, National Engineers Week and a variety of related activities at the chapter, state and national levels enhance your profession's public image.
- MATHCOUNTS - This nationwide mathematics competition begun by NSPE encourages and rewards math excellence in nearly 7,500 junior high schools across the country. NSPE members reach over 300,000 young people each year. CSPE members organize regional competitions in 25 chapters and hold two state competitions every March.
- Employment Services - Our publications, activities, and our Career Center offer numerous opportunities to make contacts with potential employers and employees, plus potential clients and consultants. Every year, members can keep informed about salary trends in engineering careers with our annual salary surveys.
- Group Benefits - A variety of benefits are available exclusively to CSPE and NSPE members. These include discounts on UPS shipping, all types of business and personal insurance needs, financial products, travel discounts and many more. Click here for more information.
BENEFITS OF CSPE & NSPE MEMBERSHIP